Is your project located in a developing country and
- conserves, protects and restores coastal ecosystems?
- creates jobs and livelihoods for local people?
- contribute towards the SGDs, the UNFCCC’s Paris Agreement, and the CBD’s Aichi targets?
- has several sources of income, for instance by also providing broadband, clean water and/or renewable energy or generate cost savings due to coastal protection?
- has a (potentially) viable business model?
- needs some guidance to design the “missing pieces” required by investors to close the deal?
Project proposals will be examined on a continuous basis and assessed against the following criteria:
- conservation, protection and/or restoration of coastal ecosystems;
- creation of jobs and livelihoods as part of a country’s sustainable development;
- capacity, experience, resources and legal authority of the counterparts;
- strength and coherence of the (potential) business model;
- contribution to climate change adaptation and mitigation;
- compliance with environmental standards
- access to environmental markets
- minimum size and stage of development